- Faster, lighter, better-looking pages
- Zero-maintenance community galleries
- Improved handling of DIVX, PDF, TXT, HTML, RTF, Word docs and other files
- Support for read-only galleries
- Error logging
- Album paging
- Ability to download multiple items in a ZIP archive
- Many other usability enhancements...
There were also more than forty bugs fixed in this release. I described many of the new features in a previous post, so I won't repeat myself. For a complete list of features and bugs, including detailed reports from my tracking software, go to the Release History page.
Upgrading from 2.1 or 2.2 is a snap. Follow these simple steps:
- Make a copy of your web.config, galleryserverpro.config and galleryserverpro_data.sqlite files.
- Replace the files in the web application directory with the new ones (but don't delete your media object files).
- (SQLite only) Replace the galleryserverpro_data.sqlite file in the App_Data directory with yours.
- Run the upgrade wizard and follow the directions. The wizard is at default.aspx?g=upgrade. It will help you import your settings from web.config and galleryserverpro.config files.
These are the same upgrade steps you would have followed to upgrade to 2.2, so if you would like more detailed instructions, including how to upgrade from versions earlier than 2.1, refer to the Administrator's Guide.
Speaking of the Administrator's Guide, it will take a couple weeks to fully update this 200-page beast (uggh), so until then use the 2.3 QuickStart Guide to fill in some of the gaps.
As I previously mentioned, our savings account is nearly tapped out, so if you enjoy Gallery Server Pro, please consider a donation. Thanks!