Today I released 2.4.2, which fixes a few bugs that were found in the original 2.4.1 release. To apply, download the compiled version and copy all the GalleryServerPro.XXXXX.dll files over the existing ones in your bin directory. See below for an optional SQL update you may want to apply to your database.
These bugs are fixed:
- Login/logout buttons disappear and Gallery Control Settings page has incorrect values
- May receive a KeyNotFoundException when restoring a backup file
- (SQLite only) Cannot restore backup file that was created from 2.4.1 SQLite database
- (SQL Server only) Possible NullReferenceException when running upgrade wizard
- ImageMagick not used for TIF images
Optional SQL update for TIF processing
In my last blog post I described how ImageMagick is used to generate more accurate colors for TIF images. The trigger that tells GSP to use ImageMagick is the gallery setting ImageMagickFileTypes. In the 2.4.1 release, this setting does not include the TIF file type, so TIF images are processed with .NET rather than ImageMagick. The bug fix in the last bullet item above addresses the issue for new installations and users who upgrade from 2.3 to 2.4, but does not fix it if you moved from 2.4.1 to 2.4.2.
If you are upgrading from 2.4.1, and you want to GSP to use ImageMagick for processing TIF images, run this SQL against your database (or manually update the table):
UPDATE gs_GallerySetting SET SettingValue = 'pdf,.txt,.eps,.psd,.tif,.tiff' WHERE SettingName = 'ImageMagickFileTypes'