For the longest time I have offered to install GSP with your requested settings for $100. I still do and will continue to do so. But for anyone with a few minutes, it is actually quite easy to install on your own. The Admin Guide has step by step directions for some of the common ways to install the gallery. Today I added one more – how to install the gallery when a web host supports the Microsoft Web Application Gallery (WAG).
To the unfamiliar, the WAG is a collection of open source web applications that can be easily installed. This scenario is really the easiest way to get a gallery up and running when you know next to nothing about running a web site. All you need to do is create an account with a hosting company and click a couple of next…next links in a wizard. Two minutes later your gallery is ready to go.
There is a new HOW-TO in the Admin Guide called How-To: Install using Microsoft Web Application Gallery on a web host. It shows the process for installing a new gallery at Arvixe. The rest of this blog post is copied from there.
How-To: Install using Microsoft Web Application Gallery on a web hostSome web hosting companies integrate the Microsoft Web Application Gallery (WAG) into their control panel. When available, this is often the easiest way to set up a gallery as it requires minimal technical skills. This is a walkthrough for installing Gallery Server Pro on a new web site at Arvixe through WAG.
- Ensure your site is running .NET 4.0 or higher in Integrated Mode. At Arvixe, log in to the Control Panel and click Web Sites in the Hosting Space Menu on the left. Then click the name of your website from the list, as seen here:
- The Web Site Properties page appears. Click the Extensions tab and verify your site is running ASP.NET 4.0 (Integrated):
- Click Microsoft Web App Gallery in the Hosting Space Menu and filter the list by the Galleries category. Find Gallery Server Pro in the list and click Install.
- The Download Web Application dialog appears. Click Next.
- Fill out the requested fields and click Install.
- After it is installed a confirmation message appears.
- That’s it! Click Launch Gallery Server Pro to see your new gallery.