Today I released an updated beta version of Gallery Server Pro 3.0. Get it here:
See a demo of the beta here.
There is no support for upgrading an earlier beta. Delete the first beta and install this anew.
NOTE: An authentication cookie left over from the beta can trick the new version into thinking you are logged on, causing a problem when it can’t find a record for the user in the database. To prevent this, log out of your browser before deleting the beta.
The refresh includes these changes:
- Many bug fixes, including most or all of the ones reported in the beta forum.
- Changed upload page to use plUpload 1.5.6. (The 2.0 beta had some stability issues.)
- Replaced the HTTP handler that receives file uploads to use an architecture based on Rick Strahl’s excellent Westwind.plUploadHandler.
- Switched to a thread-safe architecture for storing albums and media objects in cache.
- Albums are automatically resorted when objects are added via synchronizations and file uploads.
- ZIP file uploads are extracted and processed asynchronously instead of forcing the user to wait.
- Modified the architecture of the next/previous workflow so that the MediaObject UI template has access to all metadata items. That is, you can use the new jsRender function findMetaItem(metaId) to grab any meta item. Read this thread for an example.
- Improved robustness of synchronization.
- Improved performance when setting the privacy of an album. The action now occurs asynchronously.